Everything you need to produce your own event!
From 5k to 500k, the complete guide to starting and running a successful and profitable outdoor, human powered event.
Capitalizing on ten years’ experience producing diverse events and series, All Out Events brings you information on marketing, organizing, hiring, course, design, volunteer management and more.
Whether it’s your first event or 100th, you’ll find tips inside this event book for race and event directors for the entire process. We guide you from start to finish with information on:
- Founding your own event business
- Working for other people as an event producer or race director
- Choosing and working with a non-profit
- Working with land managers and authorities
- Choosing your course
- Branding, marketing, and developing your website
- Seeking sponsorship
- Hiring and managing staff
- Race/event day preparation
This is basically what the book has as an outline:
Steps to a Successful Event
- Determine goals of the event. For whom are you doing this? Is it a market that exists and you’ll be sharing or one you have to create?
- Determine scope of work for event. Create a discovery document that serves later as your operations manual.
- Create and evaluate a budget. How much will this cost to put on? Where will the money come from? Where will it go out to? Determine if this is a worthwhile event based on goals for the event.
- Set the price or profit that makes enacting the scope of work and budget worth pursuing.
- Secure a contract and deposit if hired for the event. The deposit should be considered seed money for efforts prior to the main payback. This includes business overhead, paying yourself, marketing, and the like.
- Create a timeline of deliverables based on scope of work.
- Work on deliverables, keeping to timeline and evaluating priorities as deadlines approach.